Many children, regardless of diagnosis, have difficult and challenging behaviors, such as aggression toward others, self-injurious behaviors, tantrums, disruptive behaviors, dangerous behaviors, and noncompliance. These behaviors can have a significant impact on family life at home and in the community.
Some children can have difficulty with specific areas of functioning, including sleeping, eating, and toileting. .
The staff from United Supports fro Autism works with parents to develop an individualized Behavior Intervention Plan that includes:
- Defining behaviors
- Collecting information about the behaviors
- Identifying preferred objects and activities
- Teaching appropriate behavior skills
- Developing practical interventions aimed at reducing the frequency and severity of the behaviors
- Monitoring the behavior to determine effectiveness of the interventions
- Modifying the plan as need to fit the needs of the child and the family.
United Supports for Autism offers a comprehensive approach to address challenging behaviors that includes:
- Direct child instruction
- Parent collaboration to collect information
- Behavior plan development
- Parent training and education
- Behavior plan review